Job overview and responsibility
Do you want to work in a remote, fully distributed, fast paced environment and join top talents from all around Asia to help us build the best continuous security product out there?
GuardRails is looking for an experienced and talented Solution Architect to join our team! As our Solution Architect, you will be working with a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers. GuardRails is supporting a growing number of users from all over the world and you will play an important role in ensuring that we ship high-quality products on time.
You have been a top-notch backend engineer for most of your career and your passion for building scalable, resilient and performant applications led you to become a solution architect.
You will continuously be involved in designing our platform and ensure that our backend services and scanning infrastructure are fast, reliable and scalable. You will be scoping and designing ambitious solutions in line with our product roadmap. You will work together with engineering managers, product managers, backend engineers towards aligned goals.
You are a highly motivated, experienced, and organized contributor who takes pride in the work you do and have a real passion for helping your team to reach its next level.
Your Experience and Skills
- You have significant experience with at least one of these languages (Golang, NodeJS, Python)
- You have a solid understanding and experience designing and implementing architecture design patterns (layered, micro service, microkernel, event driven, space based etc)
- You love optimizing your solution designs for maximum performance, scalability and resilience
- You understand microservice anti-patterns and pitfalls, service granularity and choreography
- You provide design leadership and mentoring to the team members involved in solutions delivery
- You have the ability to understand business requirements and problems and translate them into technical solutions
- You have demonstrated experience building and deploying scalable apps using modern platform technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, …)
- You have a deep database experience – Ideally both RDBMS and No-SQL
- You have solid experience creating bootstraps, proof of concepts, and the first working example of a new architectural pattern
- You are self-motivated, organized, creative, respectful, with a high level of integrity and ethics
- You have a passion for helping your teammates improving and enjoy sharing your knowledge through workshops and ad-hoc conversations
- You have a strong knowledge of agile development (especially Scrum and/or Kanban) and Software Development Lifecycle as it relates to Software Architecture
- You have a strong command of the English language
How you’ll make an impact
- You will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills to our infrastructure and will help building highly scalable, resilient and performant features
- Your passion for architecture design will ensure that we use the right solutions for the right problems
- Your suggestions, past experiences and proactivity will have a direct impact on how we shape our product
- Your expertise will be valuable to your teammates, it’ll help your whole team improving and delivering high quality software
What we offer
- Fully Remote Organization, with flexible work hours, we are outcome-focused
- High impact environment, ability to make a difference. You are not just a number
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Mac laptop and external monitor
- Remote-friendly tool allowance
- Health insurance
- Gym allowance, Internet allowance, Educational allowance