GuardRails is looking for a full-time Product Manager to lead and run our product management processes and ensure success of product initiatives. We are supporting a rapidly growing number of developers all over the world and you will play an important role in defining and realizing our product strategy and vision.
You love working with visionaries, getting the right mix of customer feedback and insights to create a clear understanding of features and functionality and establish the right strategy. The thought of establishing an awesome product management team and the corresponding processes fills you with joy and you can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and get started.
You will be responsible for translating ideas into strategy and features and follow the product development of the GuardRails platform from start to finish. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, contributing to defining the product vision and defining user journeys. You will also work closely with engineering, sales, marketing and customer support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
You are an incredibly motivated, experienced, and organized leader who loves ensuring that the product supports our overall vision and goals. You are happy to work in a startup environment and wear all the hats that you need to in order to get things done. You know when help is needed and who you can hire to help you build out the product team when that time comes.
Your Experience and Skills
- You have a deep understanding of how software is built, packaged, deployed, operated and secured.
- You are comfortable translating business strategy into product strategy.
- You have previously owned a product roadmap and are comfortable working alongside software engineers in an agile development process.
- You plan and carry out product launches and work alongside marketing and sales to ensure positioning and messaging for releases are on-point.
- Your previous experience in managing commercial success of products is demonstrated through an analytical mindset and desire to make data-driven decisions.
- You regularly connect with customers to better understand their challenges.
- You prepare, maintain and prioritise the product backlog and write clear, concise user stories and requirements.
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills and can effectively interact with a range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- You are self-motivated, organized, creative, respectful, with a high level of integrity and ethics
- You have a strong command of the English language
You Pretty Much Have the Job If
- You have previously helped a tech startup successfully implement product management processes.
- You have rolled up your sleeves and driven product success for a fast-growing engineering team.
- You have demonstrated experience making data-driven decisions that have led to customer and business success.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Document and communicate the product vision:
- Action: Collecting requirements from the CTO, internal stakeholders and customers.
Outcome: Well managed backlog of requirements and features to drive the product forward.
- Action: Prioritizing of the roadmap
Outcome: Prioritized roadmap with reliable timelines for features.
Define and measure product success:
- Action: Define metrics and KPIs that measure and demonstrate success of the product.
Outcome: Successful product launches that meet customer pain points.
- Action: Implement a data-driven approach to prioritizing product development initiatives.
Outcome: Delivery of the most important features, functionality or integrations to drive customer adoption, growth and usage.
Improve the User Experience:
- Action: Create user journeys for key personas.
Outcome: Good and clear user journey for key personas and use-cases.
Streamline product management process:
- Action: Design and improve product related processes.
Outcome: Clear process to manage customer feedback, priorities and how to communicate new features to customers.
- Action: Define and lead product development processes with the engineering team.
Outcome: A well-running agile development process that consistently delivers product and business results.
Benefits of Working with Us
- Fully Remote Organization, with flexible work hours, we are outcome-focused.
- High impact environment, ability to make a difference. You are not just a number.
- Employee Stock Option Program.
- Mac laptop and external monitor.
- Remote-friendly tool allowance.
- Health insurance.
- Gym allowance, Internet allowance, Educational allowance.
More About GuardRails
GuardRails, an end-to-end application security platform, empowers modern development teams to uncover critical vulnerabilities in their applications and rectify them before attackers abuse them.
Software is transforming the world, and we’re ensuring that businesses can make that change securely. Join our engineering team and help us deliver security to development teams globally.
Join a fast-growing cybersecurity company with an experienced founding team, flagship clients who love us, and technology that is quickly becoming the go-to choice for development and security teams.