Job overview and responsibility
Do you want to work in a remote, fully distributed, fast paced environment and join top talents from all around Asia to help us build the best continuous security product out there?
GuardRails is looking for an experienced and talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team! As our Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be working with a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers. GuardRails is supporting a growing number of users from all over the world and you will play an important role in ensuring that we ship high-quality products on time.
You are passionate about building robust, highly scalable systems with high SLA while keeping cost in mind. You like to automate tasks as much as you can and ideally want all of your infrastructure as code.
You like to streamline engineering processes and optimize CI/CD pipelines to allow code delivery to be as smooth as possible.
You are a highly motivated, experienced, and well organized QA automation engineer who takes pride in the work you do and in the value you add to your agile team.
Required skills and experiences
- You have an extensive experience with K8s ecosystem
- You have a solid experience with AWS, GCP and other cloud providers
- You are able to work with templating engines such as Go template, Jinja2 or others
- You lead efforts to formalize infrastructure with infrastructure as code using Terraform
- You establish best practices for security and roles in AWS
- You have a proven experience improving observability (logging, monitoring & alerting) in your systems
- You understand service mesh architecture and have experience with Istio or similar tools
- You support the overall Software Development team as well as Support Engineers to resolve any issues they encounter around infrastructure and development
- You work closely with Software Engineers to plan and deploy new applications, including setting up CI/CD pipelines and developer tools
- You like your systems to be as robust as possible and like to practice chaos engineering to identify potential risks
- You improve existing CI/CD pipelines by replacing or updating existing processes
- You have a strong problem solving skill and enjoy understanding what happens “under the hood”
- You are experienced with at least one scripting language (Python, Golang, …)
- You are self-motivated, organized, creative, respectful, with a high level of integrity and ethics
- You have a good command of the English language
How you’ll make an impact
- You will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills to our infrastructure and help improving its overall performances
- Your passion for quality will ensure that the right CI/CD standards are in place so we can detect issues and regressions early and only ship highly qualitative features
- Your suggestions, past experiences and proactivity will have a direct impact on how we shape our product
- Your expertise will be valuable to your teammates, it’ll help your whole team improving and delivering high quality software
What we offer
- Fully Remote Organization, with flexible work hours, we are outcome-focused
- High impact environment, ability to make a difference. You are not just a number
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Mac laptop and external monitor
- Remote-friendly tool allowance
- Health insurance
- Gym allowance, Internet allowance, Educational allowance