GuardRails is looking for a full-time Engineering Manager to run and keep building our remote Engineering team. We are supporting a growing number of users all over the world and you will play an important role in making sure that we rapidly implement our product roadmap while assuring the highest levels of quality and scalability.
You have been a top-notch engineer for most of your career and found yourself gravitating towards leading engineering teams. You love working with smart people and the thought of being able to create an amazing engineering organization and see it grow gets you very excited.
You will be responsible for streamlining the engineering processes and establishing high performing teams across different engineering disciplines to continuously improve and enrich the GuardRails platform. You can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and take full control of all engineering, release and operational aspects for our platform. You will work together with product managers, designers, and engineers towards aligned goals.
You are a highly motivated, experienced, and organized leader who still loves solving difficult engineering problems when needed. Although you know how to lead teams, you understand that the most effective teams consist of driven, autonomous members who can achieve a lot with the right level of support.
Your Experience and Skills
- You have significant experience in either Node.js or Golang and are still writing code to keep your skills sharp.
- You have prior experience building services at scale.
- You are good at helping team members stay focused and get “unstuck”.
- You know how to hire talented people and how to grow/nurture them.
- You are self-motivated, organized, creative, respectful, with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- You have worked in remote first organizations.
- You have a strong command of the English language.
You Pretty Much Have the Job If
- You have previously helped a startup successfully build out their engineering capabilities and establish high-performing teams.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Establish a high performing team:
- Action: Recruit new team members.
Outcome: High quality new team members.
- Action: Pair with team members to provide them with support, do code reviews, hunt down bugs, convey best practices.
Outcome: Increased development velocity and quality.
- Action: Conduct performance reviews and 1on1s.
Outcome: Improved team happiness, culture and effectiveness.
Improve the GuardRails platform while assuring quality and scalability:
- Action: Work with the product manager to translate requirements into clearly defined technical specs and tickets.
Outcome: Clear estimates and delivery timelines.
- Action: Advise on high-level architecture decisions for our platform.
Outcome: GuardRails remains a high quality platform in all aspects.
Streamline the engineering process:
- Action: Ensure that our platform is well tested and reliable.
Outcome: Verifiable quality and high level of confidence to release changes.
- Action: Improve and design engineering related processes (dev, release, incidents, production support, etc).
Outcome: Our team can deliver more value in a repeatable way, production issues are identified and fixed instantly.
- Action: Ensure team members are working on the right tasks.
Outcome: Ensures that delivery deadlines are met.
Benefits of Working with Us
- Fully Remote Organization, with flexible work hours, we are outcome-focused.
- High impact environment, ability to make a difference. You are not just a number.
- Employee Stock Option Program.
- Mac laptop and external monitor.
- Remote-friendly tool allowance.
- Health insurance.
- Gym allowance, Internet allowance, Educational allowance.
More About GuardRails
GuardRails, an end-to-end application security platform, empowers modern development teams to uncover critical vulnerabilities in their applications and rectify them before attackers abuse them.
Software is transforming the world, and we’re ensuring that businesses can make that change securely. Join our engineering team and help us deliver security to development teams globally.
Join a fast-growing cybersecurity company with an experienced founding team, flagship clients who love us, and technology that is quickly becoming the go-to choice for development and security teams.