At GuardRails, UI/UX Designers collaborate closely with Product Managers, Engineers, UX Researchers and other Designers to create a productive, minimal, and human experience. UI/UX Designers report to Product Design Manager.
As our UI/UX Designer, you will be working with a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers. GuardRails is supporting a growing number of users from all over the world and you will play an important role in ensuring that we ship high-quality products on time.
- Help to define and improve the interface and experience of GuardRails.
- Design features that fit within the larger experience and flows.
- Create deliverables (wireframes, mockups, prototypes, flows, and so on) to communicate ideas.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to iterate on and refine the existing experience.
- Define and contribute to research initiatives (usability tests, surveys, interviews, and so on) alongside UX Researchers and Product Managers.
- Stay informed and share the latest on UI/UX techniques, tools, and patterns.
- Understand responsive design and best practices.
- Use visual design software, like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator ect.. to create the visual elements of a product.
- Have knowledge and understanding of design systems theory and practice.
- Creating wireframes, low or high-fidelity prototypes, mockups, or user flows.
- Conducting the right type of user research for the product or feature.
- Very strong attention to detail and consistency in design
- Understanding of Agile methodology.
- Have a basic understanding of application development, including languages like CSS and HTML.
- Having general knowledge of Git (for example, branching, push/pulling, committing, squashing) and DevOps (for example, pipelines, deployments, monitoring) flows is a PLUS.
- Being able to read & write in English.
You pretty much have the job if
- At least 3+ years of product’s UI/UX design experience.
- You have a portfolio demonstrating creativity or originality.
- Ability to work independently and work with the team. Prioritize managing work to meet the project deadlines.